Saturday, June 20, 2009

John Minto - still going strong


A letter in today's Press stood out to me. Mike Graham from South Brighton says:

“It was refreshing to read a letter agreeing with John Minto (Ardas Trebus, June 11). Almost all your correspondents who write in response to Mr Minto's articles are negative.

I suspect that many of these people are still suffering from the hangover of associating Mr Minto with the Springbok tour.

His comments should be based on what they say, not on some longstanding paranoia about his previous associations.

I challenge readers of Minto to open their minds.

It is the job of a good columnist to be inquiring, informative and provoative. At times, we need to get up each others noses in order to promote healthy debate.”

Good points Mike and it is worth remembering what a contribution John Minto has made for our country. he is a hero in my book. I don't always agree with him 100% but I have always liked the way he has stood up for others. He has constantly championed the worse off, the people that often cannot speak for themselves. He is still active, still going strong. Kia kaha John

No comments: