Thursday, December 24, 2009

bennett lobs in some helter skelter

paula bennett and the government have it all wrong. It is not the beneficiaries fault that there are not enough jobs. If you have to blame - blame the real culprits not the victims. What a shocker to put fear in people's hearts just before the holidays.

From Stuff
"The Government is considering cancelling unemployment benefits after a year and forcing beneficiaries to reapply.
Other changes under consideration by the Government are understood to include work-testing for domestic purpose beneficiaries whose youngest child has turned six, compulsory budgeting advice for beneficiaries who claim frequent grants, and part-time work obligations for some sickness and invalid beneficiaries."
Well we know which groups will bear the brunt of this new policy and maori and young people are over represented - and aren't they the group that kill themselves four times more than the average.

This song sums up, on lots of levels.

"(Lennon/McCartney)

When I get to the bottom I go back to the top of the slide
Where I stop and I turn and I go for a ride
Till I get to the bottom and I see you again
Yeah yeah yeah hey"



No comments: