Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Tree of Life

I have to say i like Brad Pitt as an actor and Sean Penn too. This movie promo makes me want to see the movie - I await the rollercoaster ride of emotion to come because that is the power of movies to and for me - the transformation and suspension of disbelief, the immersion - and final surfacing into clear fresh air.
The film follows the life journey of the eldest son, Jack, through the innocence of childhood to his disillusioned adult years as he tries to reconcile a complicated relationship with his father (Brad Pitt). Jack (played as an adult by Sean Penn) finds himself a lost soul in the modern world, seeking answers to the origins and meaning of life while questioning the existence of faith. Through Malick's signature imagery, we see how both brute nature and spiritual grace shape not only our lives as individuals and families, but all life.


 
Hat tip - Archive Fire - An awesome blog I recommend visiting often.

No comments: