Friday, September 23, 2011

neutrino on my mind

It hard to get your head around neutrinos and this apparent faster than light discovery. Should be lots of people investigating this which will sort it sooner rather than later.

Universe Today
An international team of scientists at the Gran Sasso research facility outside of Rome announced today that they have clocked neutrinos traveling faster than the speed of light.
For me I enjoy these upsets - but this one, if proved, will change most of what we know and the implications are staggering.


I've written a haiku for the occasion

we align, a slant
unaffected you’re through me
Oh heart of no-mass.

The more we know, the more we learn.

2 comments:

Zia Wolf-Sun said...

Good day you of like mind :) Caught this on the news today...exciting stuff worthy of a blog posting thought I enthusiastically! (other blog site) then I saw yours :)Must be worth posting on the subject then!

Oh...and do watch your head lol there's a lump of satellite debris the size of a double decker bus heading our way at around 98 mph :) Duck!!

Marty Mars said...

how goes it way over there Zia? The speed of thought seems faster than light - in my experience. And yeah I read about that satellite - definately duck - but like us, our world is mostly water, so probably it will hit liquid, sink and be forgotten. But I'm not sure Mother Nature forgets.

Kia kaha e hoa (Stay strong friend)